Time is really flying by now and Christmas panic is setting in. This has impacted upon a few things that ordinarily I’m usually very organised about but this is my first Christmas as a mum of three and as you’ll soon find out, sometimes it takes just a little more effort to adjust to a change in the family dynamics!
This week’s post is more of a confession to clear my guilty mind. As usual, i’m starting with my low points.
I should probably confess before you read anymore of this week’s self improvement plan that it’s really just a jokey way of me giving my self a kit up the derrière! I don’t take life as seriously as I probably should, so please don’t feel sorry for me, I’ve got no one to blame but myself!
It’s not all doom and gloom though, there have been some highs in my week and as any perfectionist / optimistic person will appreciate, there’s always room for improvement.
Anyway, here goes for my 3 things;
- Tween didn’t bring home the school newsletter last Friday which resulted in me not getting my school play ticket requests in. I’ve been meaning to pick up a copy all week but kept forgetting then Tween announced that his teacher handed out the tickets to the whole class except him today. I’m a bad, bad Mum as he has his 1st ever speaking part and it’s his last play. It took a desperate Facebook plea to the other school mums to scrounge a couple of tickets on the black market.
- There’s a bit of a bad mummy theme going on this week. The tooth fairy forgot to pay a visit when Tween’s tooth fell out on Sunday night. Hoping Tween had simply forgot to check in the morning, she arrived during the day. I fear that this might have been the nail in the coffin for her.
- I forgot to de fuzz before baby swimming lessons but after some serious tactical planning, I managed to get in the pool 1st and did an ‘oops Baby’s towel has fallen round my legs’ manoeuvre on my exit. I’m going to have to seriously rethink my winter beauty regime.
- I’m going to try planning my week in my new Organised Mum life book. I feel like I’m flying by the seat of my pants some days.
- Baby R’s taken to weaning really well so will try and introduce some more finger foods now and give baby led another go.
- I’m going to read the school flier. Twice.
- I’ve had a really good week for blog page views, my best yet. It’s really encouraging knowing that people are actually reading it.
- I organised Baby R’s Christening! It’s been lingering and niggling way in the background and this week I actually knuckled down and sorted it. We’re holding it during the Christingle service, it’ll be lovely having a candle lit service in the dark.
- I rearranged my living room which involved moving sofas and rugs, all on my own some. The boys have been home for 4 hours now though and haven’t said a thing. I honesty don’t think they’ve realised yet. Durrrrr.