Another week, another beach. Are you bored yet?
It’s no wonder city visits send me into a spin when all I ever seem to do is visit beaches and go on long country walks.It’s a running theme for this year’s Project 365. The boys have been asking to visit London for quite a few years now, so in a vain attempt to make it happen I created an infographic on how to do London in a weekend and spent the day in Devon’s capital city, Exeter this week to get me in the ‘What’s my motivation?’ type thinking. As a born and bred city girl, it’s bonkers to think how rubbish I am around a few extra people, bus’ and pollution.
My health kick is still going strong I’m happy to report. My kill the sugar campaign has been a success thanks to some gorgeous Deliciously Ella recipes, I thoroughly recommend her almond butter fudge which you keep in the freezer and I’ve been snacking on when I’m in need of an energy boost. Her book has also inspired me to experiment with some of my own recipes, this week I made roasted red pepper humous, miss the garlic, I’m midway through writing it down in a blog recipe post and hope to share with you next week.
In blog world, I’ve been working with a great little online revision website, How Cloud. It’s great when you discover something that you know is going to make a huge difference in your life or in this instance, Teenager’s. He’s just started his GCSE’s and have already booked this time next year to sign him up for some revision courses, trying to find 1-1 tuition and not feel nervous about sending my son to a house with a stranger and not safeguarding in place just didn’t sit right for me.
As you’ll notice in the photos below, Baby R continues to keep us all amused with his inquisitive take on the world. I’ve lost count the number of times I’ve had to remind myself he’s just exploring. Unfortunately his exploring this week has been mainly confined to emptying cupboards, the dog water bowl and a strange infatuation with the Dyson.
Each to their own. I guess.
- Looking cool for the eclipse which was rather disappointing due to a badly timed cloud cover
- Fish and chips on the seafront with Tween.
- Tween showing off his amazing running jumps. Oh to be 10 again and be able to run and jump without a care in the world (or a Tena Lady) and not looking like I’d forgotten to take my medication.
- Another day, another moment of destruction.
- Yup, he’s licking the Dyson. I’m hoping he grows out of it by the time he’s 18.
- Proof we went shopping in the city as Baby R is dressed in a new outfit rather than one which has been through so many previous family members, it could be certified as an heirloom.
- Home made red pepper humous, coming to a blog near you, soon!
If you enjoyed this post or any others on Mum in a nutshell, I’d be honoured if you’d take 5 minutes to vote for me in the BritMum’s Brilliance in blogging awards