There’s a saying which goes along the lines of what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and while that’s probably a little extreme I’m adopting it as my phrase of the week. It’s been a toughie to say the least but one of the requirements of being a mum, is managing the emotions of your offspring, by keeping your own under control and I had to exercise this in its earnest during our week of worry. Our perma-happy, bouncy spaniel has been desperately ill and by Wednesday, Hubby and I were preparing for the worst, while at the same time keeping calm and carrying on so we didn’t worry the boys unnecessarily. I didn’t stray far from his side hence most of this week’s photos being of Baby R at home or on the school run but I’m happy to report Roo is now on the mend after being diagnosed with Addison’s Disease (If anyone has any experience of this I’d love to know.) I’m going to stop moaning about the car smelling of dog and how many times I trip over him in the kitchen as he stands by my feet
begging waiting for food. Life just wouldn’t be the same without our mad mutt.
- Baby R playing with a huge cardboard box which housed a Phil & Teds pushchair I’m testing for Pushchair Trader. Needless to say at the moment he prefers the box!
- Tween making American pancakes after seeing them on a TV show, them searching a recipe on You-Tube. I was so impressed by his moment of independence, I let him loose in the kitchen, just keeping a watchful eye from a distance.
- Camellia in bloom already in Devon. It’s been cold and we had a quick 20 minute snow flurry but nothing compared to the rest of the country.
- Baby R wrapped up and cocooned in our trusty Quinny Buzz.
- Baby R wondering where the dog bowl’s gone. The kitchen isn’t half as exciting without a bowl of water to splash about in or challenging Mummy to a race who gets there 1st.
- Baby R (again, I did warn you) full of beans and mischief during an early morning wakeup call. (notice the skateboards in the back ground that are a permanent feature in my house!)
- Oooo, look, it’s Baby R, AGAIN! but with his Tween brother and in a funky hat that he is just adorable in.