As it happens, it went down a storm and now I know that all 3 of my boys will eat it, lamb will be gracing our dinner table sometime soon. And if you’re looking for a quick and easy healthy meal, then Teriyaki lamb stir fry is one to try. The quantities below are enough for 2 large adult sized portions, I added a courgette and shallot to bump up the vegetables to make it go between 3 adult sized appetites and a toddler.
Cooking time: 5 minutes
350g/12oz lean lamb leg steaks, cut into stir-fry strips
10ml/2tsp rapeseed or vegetable oil
1 x 250g pack prepared stir-fry vegetables of your choice
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
60ml/4tbsp Teriyaki marinade and sauce
15ml/1tbsp light brown sugar
30ml/2tbsp lime juice
2.5ml/½tsp Chinese five-spice powder
noodles (1 nest per person)
Toasted sesame seeds, optional
- To prepare the Teriyaki sauce; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat the water for the noodles (if using dry)
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wok and stir-fry the lamb for 3-4 minutes. Add the stir-fry vegetables and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Add the noodles to the water (if using pre cooked, add them to the lamb/veg mix when adding the sauce.
- Add the Teriyaki sauce, toss gently and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Season, if required.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds, if used and serve with noodles or rice.
I am a member of the Mumsnet Bloggers Panel, a group of parent bloggers who have volunteered to review products, services, events and brands for Mumsnet. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity. [I have received a voucher in return for writing this post.